Friday, February 10, 2012

Supplies Essential to Starting an Adventure

Socks, underwear (optional), wine (not picky), camera, fanny pack, and gum (there is no survival without minty-fresh breath).  A seemingly random list, but I guarantee I will employ the use of these survival tools many times in the upcoming year!
Well, here goes nothing!!!  Having recently been placed on waiting lists or rejected by a series of PA Master's programs I am experiencing for the first time a sense of being adrift, unsure, up Shit Creek in a kitchen strainer, and something about having a large bird heated to the FDA-approved 165°F...No, in all seriousness, I am just a bit apprehensive about having to create another "life plan" for the next year.  I currently have a really fun, unorthodox job (behavioral therapy with children with Autism), but I need to supplement that with more exracurriculars that make me a "more desirable candidate" for physician assistant studies.  Who wouldn't want a blazing red-haired, blue-eyed, pocket-sized Midwest chica someday diagnosing them with hypertrichosis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypertrichosis) or with a cold?
I digress, which is something that will occur quite often.  It's a big ol' willy-nilly mess up in my brain.  The fun part is that in order to make some sense of that chaos I am constantly on the search for new, exciting experiences; both, career and past-time related.  I'm thinking that as I dive into novel things I will let all of you know how it goes; totally planning on coming out of this a little bruised, battered, but certainly no worse for the wear.
Which leads me to one of my MO's:
Life is an adventure.  It shouldn't end with you saying, "Man, I wish I had..."
I'll just leave you guys with one of my favorite quotes by the truly crazy cool and ever inquisitive Albert Einstein: I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious.


Until next time!
RagazzaC
Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment