Sunday, February 19, 2012

If Living Off of Sugar is Wrong, Then I Don't Wanna Be Right!

Hello, hello!  Nothing too exciting to report to you guys this week...I have been preoccupied with school this past week...first round of mid-terms are this coming week and I am definitely feeling the pressure!
And I know that you have all been bombarded with the Valentine's Day stuff this week so I just want to share some recipes for the treats I gave out to my valentines :)

"DEATH BY OREO" Cupcakes
ReCiPe:
http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2VVDBn/www.instructables.com/id/Death-By-Oreo-Cupcakes/

Note: Mine are nowhere near as cute as those pictured on the link, but they taste heavenly, which is good because you may just end up there after eating these "Death" cupcakes.
I tweaked a few things in the recipe.  I only used 3 cups of powdered sugar in the frosting, and I'm thinking I will use even less next time (I'm not a fan of the "industrialized" taste of powdered sugar).  I also added a tsp. of vanilla to the frosting to cover up some of the powdered sugar taste.  I added red food coloring to the frosting, which when mixed with the crushed Oreo's actually turns out kinda purpley...My slop-looking frosting is due, I believe, to being too warm when I tried piping it on, so I'd pop the frosting in the fridge for awhile to firm up.

Here's my second treat:  JOLLY RANCHER LOLLIPOPS
ReCiPe:
These were super fun and easy to make!  I will definitely be making these for all sorts of occasions.
Adios!  Hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!
RagazzaC
Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment