Thursday, March 8, 2012

KONY 2012!!!

Hey everyone!!!  I have something that I want to share with all of you, and it has an importance on a global scale.

A few years ago I had the privilege to read the memoir of Ischmael Beah, A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldiers, and later hear him speak as a part of the Distinguished Lecture Series at UW-Madison.  His work greatly impacted my like, and I could honestly say that there was not a dry eye in the auditorium the night he spoke.  If any of you are unfamiliar with the usage of child soldiers in Africa I suggest you become familiar.  This heinous practice influences 10's and 10's of thousands of people.  And this year there is a new campaign, started by an American Documentist, to bring this subject to the light, and to more specifically arrest one of the biggest warlords in Africa that utilizes children for soldiers and sex slaves.  All that you have to do is watch the video, KONY 2012, and share it with others. Congress only looks at an issue if it is a repeated concern of the majority.  So please help spread the word, and don't let the steps already taken to apprehend the criminal that is KONY go unnoticed and fall by the wayside.

I know that each of you will be touched by this film, and I hope you're compelled to further share the video and the information with others!

KONY 2012: www.KONY2012.com
Watch the film HERE: www.invisiblechildren.com

Here's a link the Ischmael Beah's website:
http://www.alongwaygone.com/

THANKS SO MUCH MY FELLOW BLOGGERS!!! 
More posts of my shenanigans to follow this weekend! :)

RagazzaC
Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment